Team Commitment ● Enroll in 6th period PE Color Guard for the year.
● Summer practices are 1 day/week for approximately 3 hours and Color Guards practice with the Marching Band in August. Practice times and dates TBD.
● Fall season practices are Tuesdays from 3:00–5:00 PM
● Participate in school performances, ALL home and away football games, 8th grade open house, etc.
● Color Guard members may opt to be part of Winter Guard during the Spring semester. This unit practices and competes separately from the Marching Band. After-school practices are 2 days a week for 2-3 hours and attendance to competitions in the spring are expected.
Additional Information ● Attendance in 6th period PVPHS Color Guard class is imperative. Students receive PE credit for this course. As with many arts and PE classes, attendance will be factored into students’ grades. It is difficult to work with choreography when students are missing. Excessive absences may result in removal from routines and possibly removal from class.
● There are expenses associated with this class which pay for costumes, choreographers, and logistics such as team equipment and competition registration fees. The expenses for new Color Guard students should not exceed $500.00. PVPHS may also include a school-wide participation donation that will be assessed in the summer. We anticipate the participation donation for Color Guard to be between $100.00 and $200.00.
If you have any questions or are interested in adding Color Guard to your schedule, please contact Rosie Chia, Music Department Assistant at email@example.com. She will forward your name to the counseling office so you may add the class. Please follow up with your counselor to make sure you have been added.